Monday, November 06, 2006

Half A Memory

"You" doesn't necessarily mean a woman here. It could be family, god, a city, whatever- and yes, even a woman.

Headlights on high, the world passes by
Think I must be drunk again
Leaving behind what they said wasn't mine
Now I'm driving alone in the rain
I've seen the last of the ghosts of my past
The midnight hour's my friend
Spinning wheels and camera reels
Forgotten on some other bend

[chorus]Half a memory, a picture of you
Stuck on the windshield at the edge of my sight
Half a life as one half of you
Leaving tonight, I'll be gone before light
Just an empty suitcase, and half a memory of you

The wounds that hurt, bleeding paper cuts
On your wrist already scarred by time
To hurt is to feel, to love is to kneel
To be alive is part of the crime
So I'm moving on, I hope you'll notice I'm gone
I hope you'll remember me another day
While nomad at heart, I play my part
And by morning I shall have lost my way.

[rep chorus]

2 comments:

Peyotitlan said...

Very nice mate.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Lovely. you share my love of writing. My novel, here, is as yet unpublished. Are you published?