In impeccable rock n’ roll excessiveness, this song is called….
'Fuck You'
Well I got Neil Young and I got John Donne
I had Ziggy too, now he’s gone, gone, gone
I got Nietzsche and I got TV
I got a few rupees’ worth of cheap candy
I got a hundred dreams I’m somewhere in between
I got a thousand lines to never say what I mean
And I don’t need you
No I don’t need you
I got whiskey, ice and rum and coke
And beer and wine, they’re making me broke
I got electric guitar and a million watts to boot
A cold shotgun and a list of who to shoot
I got blistered feet from walking in the heat
I got a hundred phone numbers but there’s nobody to meet
Well I got Springsteen, yes I’m born to run
I got tambourine, I got Highway 61
I got the Bible and the Gita and the Buddha’s here too
They tell me I’m a sinner but look what they say about you
I got a map to hell and a soul to sell
No direction home and no story to tell
Still I don’t need you
No I don’t need you.
So fuck you!
'Fuck You'
I had Ziggy too, now he’s gone, gone, gone
I got Nietzsche and I got TV
I got a few rupees’ worth of cheap candy
I got a hundred dreams I’m somewhere in between
I got a thousand lines to never say what I mean
And I don’t need you
No I don’t need you
And beer and wine, they’re making me broke
I got electric guitar and a million watts to boot
A cold shotgun and a list of who to shoot
I got blistered feet from walking in the heat
I got a hundred phone numbers but there’s nobody to meet
But I don’t need you
No I don’t need you
No I don’t need you
I got tambourine, I got Highway 61
I got the Bible and the Gita and the Buddha’s here too
They tell me I’m a sinner but look what they say about you
I got a map to hell and a soul to sell
No direction home and no story to tell
Still I don’t need you
No I don’t need you.
So fuck you!

5 comments:
Heh heh. Excellent!
Utsav is back and rockin'.
I always love playing "Fuckin' Up" live and watching audience reaction.
This one looks like being a doozy, too.
Get a bunch of mates together in a room somewhere and record a version on video for us.
Oooh yes do. Great lyrics.
"They tell me I’m a sinner but look what they say about you"
I LOVE this line, Utsav.
Hey Utsu, you know I've never been a rock fan but I love this one. I'm not suprised YOU came up with this, but it's just sooo good. :) I'm actually smiling after reading it.
LOL! This is AWESOME! I love how you juxtapose: "Well I got Neil Young and I got John Donne"
Hope you get a band to use this, Utsav!
Post a Comment